Pedestrian Accidents - Pennsylvania Pedestrian Accident Lawyer You Can Trust
O'Malley & Langan work tirelessly for pedestrian accident injury victims. Contact us
Pedestrian accidents frequently result in very serious injuries. These accidents might occur while someone is crossing the street or walking alongside a road. The injuries can be catastrophic because a person simply is no match against a 3,000 pound or larger vehicle. Traumatic brain injury, spinal cord damage, internal injuries are just a few common injuries in such accidents. If you or a loved one was injured or killed in a pedestrian auto accident, contact the experienced attorneys at O'Malley & Langan.
With three offices conveniently located in Northeastern Pennsylvania and a team of experienced accident attorneys working tirelessly for injury victims, O'Malley & Langan has a strong track record of success throughout the state. We win cases because we know the law and we understand our clients' needs. That's because we're from here and we live here.
What are the common causes of pedestrian accidents in Pennsylvania?
Pedestrian accidents in Pennsylvania happen for many reasons. Some of the most common reasons why pedestrian accidents happen include:
- Inattentive drivers - Motorists may cause accidents if they are daydreaming or not using caution in an area where there are pedestrians, such as in school zones.
- Distracted drivers - Someone may be fiddling with a car stereo or electronic gadget, eating food, grooming or engaged in some activity that takes his or her eyes off the road.
- Texting drivers - Cellphones have been a major factor in accidents over the past several years, including pedestrian accidents.
- Speeding drivers - Drivers may fail to slow down and observe posted speed limits.
- Drunk drivers - Despite public awareness of the hazards of impaired driving, some motorists get behind the wheel after having too much to drink and cause serious pedestrian accidents.
"What should I do if I'm injured in a pedestrian accident in Pennsylvania?"
- Call the police. Ask them to respond to your pedestrian accident. Having an official police report for your accident can make it much easier to obtain financial compensation for your injury.
- Call for emergency medical help. Don't try to diagnose yourself. Have an EMT, doctor or another medical professional examine you, even if you feel fine. You could have a serious, life-threatening internal injury.
- Obtain vital information from the driver who caused your pedestrian accident, including the following details from the driver:
- Full name
- Driver's license number
- License plate number
- Insurance information
- Take notes at the scene of your accident. Write down important information. Every detail matters, including:
- Time of accident
- Skid marks or absence of them
- Lighting at the scene of your accident
- Weather conditions
- Traffic signals
- Talk to witnesses. If others saw your accident, ask them to talk to the police and explain exactly what they saw. Make sure to also obtain their names, addresses and phone numbers in case you need to contact them in the future.
"Why should I hire a Pennsylvania pedestrian accident attorney?"
Pedestrian accidents can be very complicated. Often, the driver who caused the accident denies any wrongdoing. Other times, the driver flees the scene of the accident, leaving you with a hit-and-run pedestrian accident. And then there are the insurance companies, which often do everything they can to pay accident victims as little as possible.
An aggressive pedestrian accident attorney can help you with all of these legal issues. For example, you may still be entitled to compensation even if you were partially at fault in a pedestrian accident. Determining fault in pedestrian accidents is oftentimes a complex, difficult process. Other drivers - and their insurance companies - may be eager to point the finger at you for causing the accident. O'Malley & Langan can investigate your accident, deal directly with insurance companies and work tirelessly to get you the money you rightfully deserve. We do not rest until justice is served.
"We're proud of the work we do every day for people in Pennsylvania," attorney Todd O'Malley said. "We know that the work we do today makes a dramatic difference in the lives of families for many years to come. That's what drives us to work hard - helping people just like you."
Put the power of an experienced law firm to work for you. Contact us
Don't underestimate the seriousness of your case. Contact O'Malley & Langan. From our offices in Scranton, Pittston and Towanda, we represent injured people and families who lost loved ones in cities and towns throughout the state of Pennsylvania.
When you contact us, you'll receive the personalized attention you deserve from a law firm that respects your needs. Demand justice now. Call (866) 326-0100 and schedule a free case evaluation today. You only pay us if we win. That's because we work on a contingency fee basis. Contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Case results matter here.