Motorcycle Accident Lawyers in Pennsylvania - Rely on O'Malley & Langan
We are experienced Scranton injury attorneys who are driven to succeed
Motorcyclists are passionate about riding. Whether you're steering a big Harley-Davidson or handling a sleek Kawasaki, you probably know that little else can beat a ride on an open road in Pennsylvania. But most motorcycle enthusiasts understand riding carries risks. Motorcycle accidents happen fast, but the consequences can last a lifetime. In an instant, you can sustain a serious, life-threatening injury that affects your ability to move or function normally. Fatal motorcycle accident injuries are frequently happen.
If you were injured or a loved one was injured or killed in an accident due to negligence, you have a right to pursue compensation. Hold reckless drivers accountable for the motorcycle accident that harmed you or a loved one. Contact O'Malley & Langan. We are experienced Pennsylvania motorcycle accident attorneys with a proven track record of success. We know how to investigate motorcycle accidents and present evidence that supports a client's case. Call (866) 326-0100 now for a free consultation. A delay may affect your rights!
What are the common causes of motorcycle accidents?
Motorcycle accidents happen for many reasons. Some of the most common causes we deal with at O'Malley & Langan include:
- Distracted drivers - Drivers texting while driving and engaging in other dangerous activities frequently cause serious motorcycle accidents.
- Inattentive drivers - Many drivers claim they didn't see the motorcyclist before causing an accident. The truth is many drivers simply aren't paying attention.
- Reckless drivers - Drivers weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating and speeding up without warning frequently cause accidents involving motorcycles.
- Speeding drivers - When drivers drive too fast, they don't have enough time to react to the traffic around them. Highway motorcycle accidents often involve speeding drivers.
- Defective motorcycles or parts - Whether it's bad tire or faulty design, a manufacturing defect can have devastating consequences. The manufacturer may be entitled to pay compensation for your losses.
"What should I do if I'm involved in a motorcycle accident in Pennsylvania?"
We strongly recommended motorcyclists take the following steps if they've been involved in an accident caused by another driver and they are able to do so:
- Contact the police. Having an official police report for your accident is critical. The report may be vital evidence to support your personal injury claim.
- Gather information at your accident. Make sure you:
- Obtain the other driver's name, address, phone number, insurance information.
- Write down the exact location and time of your accident.
- Take notes about traffic signs, including posted speed limits.
- Talk to witnesses. Get their names and phone numbers in case you need to reach them.
- Take photographs or video of your motorcycle accident. Focus in particular on:
- Damage to vehicles
- Skid marks or absence of them on road
- Light conditions at accident scene
- Seek emergency medical treatment even if you feel fine. Let a doctor diagnose you.
- Call your insurance company. Give them basic facts of the accident, but don't discuss fault or give them a recorded statement without consulting with an attorney first.
- Contact a motorcycle accident lawyer
"Why should I hire a Pennsylvania motorcycle accident lawyer?"
Motorcycle accidents might seem straightforward. The other driver caused the accident. His insurance company should compensate you. Maybe so. But in many cases, many insurance companies automatically blame motorcyclists for causing accidents involving other vehicles. The reason? Many people still have an outdated image of motorcyclists as reckless drivers who ignore the rules of the road and cause auto accidents. They might argue that riding is risky and try to lowball an offer or deny the claim.
We know the truth at O'Malley & Langan. Other drivers cause the vast majority of motorcycle accidents in Pennsylvania. That's because most motorcyclists are responsible riders who obey the rules of the road.
That's why we fight so hard for the rights of motorcycle accident victims. We believe individuals and entities that cause accidents should be held accountable for their actions. You didn't do anything wrong. Why should you pay for someone else's mistakes?
Dedicated motorcycle accident attorneys focused on your unique needs
Every motorcycle accident matters at O'Malley & Langan. Whether you're dealing with a rear-end motorcycle accident in Scranton or highway motorcycle accident on I-84 or I-81, our dedicated motorcycle accident attorneys can help you get the money you deserve.
Put your trust in a law firm committed to excellence. Contact O'Malley & Langan. Call (866) 326-0100 and schedule a free case evaluation. We proudly serve clients in all of Pennsylvania, including Scranton, Pittston, Hazleton, Towanda and cities and towns throughout the state.
We take the time to learn about every individual case, then carefully craft a legal strategy designed to maximize compensation for our clients.
O'Malley & Langan - expect more.