Your Towanda Long-Term Workplace Illness Attorneys
Our Towanda lawyers work hard for sick workers in Bradford County
Are you sick or suffering from a long-term illness due to your job in Towanda? Not sure what your rights are or what you should do next? Make sure you take your long-term workplace illness seriously. Make sure you talk to an attorney who knows how the legal system works in Bradford County. Make sure you contact O'Malley & Langan Law Offices.
Our Towanda long-term workplace illness lawyers know what to do because we've been doing this work for years. We know what evidence matters and how to assemble all the information into a strong, legal argument. We're prepared to do the work that needs to be done to do the job right. That's why we have such a strong track record of success in Towanda and throughout Bradford County.
Common long-term workplace illnesses
A long-term workplace illness or injury is any illness or injury expected to last at least 12 months or which is expected to result in a permanent disability. Some of the most serious long-term workplace illnesses and injuries we deal with at our law firm include:
- Asbestos exposure - Being exposed to asbestos fibers has been linked to mesothelioma, a form of cancer. Breathing in asbestos can be very harmful and can occur when doing construction or demolition work in older buildings.
- Back, hip, shoulder, knee elbow and hip injuries - Over time, lifting heavy objects can result in serious injuries and chronic pain in the back, hips, shoulders, knees or elbows. Such injuries are especially common among construction workers, hospital and clinic workers, and factory employees.
- Blindness - Loss of sight is a rare but serious work-related injury. Blindness due to an injury sustained on the job can occur due to an explosion, fire or a severe burn - injuries that sometimes occur among welders, construction workers and factory workers.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome - Performing the same task can result in this painful medical condition in the arms and hands. Carpal tunnel syndrome's due to a pinched nerve in the wrist, often due to overwork.
- Hearing Loss - Loss of hearing at work is a common, serious injury sustained on the job. Long-term exposure to loud machinery or a sudden explosion can cause permanent hearing loss.
- Heart attack - Strenuous physical labor, constant stress and other physically-demanding work can result in a work-related heart attack. As a result, this type of injury can impact almost any worker at any time.
Whatever medical issue you're dealing with, we're here to help you get your life back on track.
How our lawyers can help you
You have too much at stake not to take legal action if you're suffering from a long-term work-related injury or illness. The financial toll of such a serious medical condition can quickly add up to thousands or even millions of dollars. If you don't act, you could end up having to pay for everything out of your own pocket.
We're here to help you every step of the way. We can help you file a claim or file a lawsuit. We negotiate with your employer's insurance company or represent you in court. Whatever it takes to get you the compensation you deserve, we're here for you every step of the way.