Causes of Car Accidents in Pennsylvania Cover Wide Range. Contact Us
Scranton auto accident attorney who knows how to win cases for accident victims
Auto accidents in Pennsylvania happen for many reasons: distracted drivers, intoxicated motorists, defective vehicles, and poor road conditions, among other factors. If the cause of your accident can be traced back to a negligent driver or company that created a defect, you may be entitled to compensation. Our Pennsylvania car accident attorneys hold individuals and companies accountable. If you were injured or lost a loved one, contact an experienced Pennsylvania auto accident attorney who knows how to win cases.
At O'Malley & Langan, our results-driven car accident lawyers have years of experience handling some of the hardest cases in Northeastern Pennsylvania, from Scranton to Pittston, Hazleton and Towanda. We tackle these cases because we know how much they matter to people involved in a serious car accident.
What are common causes of car accidents in Pennsylvania?
The causes of auto accidents cover a wide range. Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted Driving Accidents - Texting while driving is against the law in Pennsylvania. Even so, auto accidents caused by texting drivers remains a common cause in Pennsylvania. Other examples of distracted driving include:
- Eating while driving
- Changing radio stations
- Personal grooming
- Operating GPS
- Speeding Accidents - Speeding drivers have less time to react to other cars around them. And when speeding accidents happen, the injuries are often severe because the fast-moving vehicles have much more force when they crash into another car, compared to a car that is traveling at or below the speed limit. Such accidents are common on highways in Northeastern Pennsylvania, including Interstate 81, Interstate 84 and the Northeast Extension of the Pennsylvania Turnpike.
- Drunk Driving Accidents - Drunk drivers in Pennsylvania need to be held accountable. If your car accident was caused by a Pennsylvania intoxicated driver, we can work with you to make sure you receive the compensation you deserve for your drunk driving accident injuries.
- Reckless Driving Accidents - Reckless drivers routinely cause serious accidents throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania. Examples of reckless driving include:
- Running red lights
- Weaving between cars
- Changing lanes without warning
- Ignoring traffic laws
- Tired Driving Accidents - Drivers frequently fall asleep at the wheel and cause serious car accidents. These accidents often happen on highways late at night and sometimes also involve drunk drivers.
- Defective Vehicle Accidents - While most accidents are caused by driver error, sometimes the car wreck can be traced back to a defect in the vehicle. Defective vehicles or parts include faulty tires, airbag defects, seatbelt failures, exploding gasoline tanks, among other problems. We can help you hold the manufacturer of the defective vehicle or part accountable.
Injured in a car accident in Pennsylvania? Get the help you deserve
Accidents often aren't accidents. In so many cases, people sustain a serious injury or die because of someone else's reckless or negligent behavior. That's why it's critical that you take action if you were injured or lost a loved one because of someone's negligence. Otherwise, you may pay the price for their actions.
You didn't do anything wrong. You shouldn't have to pay for someone else's mistakes. Demand the justice you rightfully deserve. Contact O'Malley & Langan and discover what we can do for you. We know how to win, and we have the case results to prove it.
Put your trust in us. Contact O'Malley & Langan right now. Call (866) 326-0100 and schedule a free case evaluation today. We work on a contingency fee basis. That means you only pay us if we win. It's that simple. We're available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
O'Malley & Langan - here for you when you need us most.