What should I do if I'm injured in a drilling accident?
Accurate answers from a Pennsylvania drilling accident attorney you can trust
Knowing what to do if you've been injured in a drilling accident in Pennsylvania can be overwhelming. Drilling accidents can be extremely serious - and sometimes even fatal.
Stop worrying about your accident. Take back control. Contact O'Malley & Langan. Our experienced drilling accident attorneys understand the common causes of drilling accidents and have handled a broad spectrum of cases in Pennsylvania, including many fracking accidents in Towanda and other nearby locations.
What you should do if you're injured in a drilling accident in Pennsylvania
Sometimes clients injured in drilling accidents later regret not taking the proper steps to protect their rights and their health. By taking the following steps after an accident, you may have an easier recovery and a stronger drilling accident claim:
- Seek immediate medical attention - Stop working immediately and go to an emergency room, hospital or doctor as soon as possible.
- Notify your employer - Tell your employer you were hurt in a drilling accident. You have 120 days by law to notify your employer about a workplace injury, but the sooner you get the process started, the better.
- Contact a lawyer - Don't wait to contact an attorney. You need to act fast to make sure you protect your legal rights as an injury victim.
"Why should I hire a lawyer if I've been injured in a drilling accident?"
Many contentious legal issues often come up after a drilling accident, including but not limited to the following:
- Employers question whether your injury was work-related.
- Insurance companies deny workers' compensation claims for any number of reasons.
- Employees find out their workers' comp benefits fail to cover all workplace accident expenses.
Drilling accident attorneys can help injury victims address all of these issues, and many more. In particular, drilling accident lawyers:
- Investigate drilling accidents, including:
- Gathering evidence
- Interviewing witnesses,
- Consulting with experts.
- Negotiate with insurance companies.
- Deal directly with your employer.
- Challenge doctor's diagnosis if you disagree.
- File drilling accident lawsuits on your behalf.
- Appeal a denied claim if necessary.
O'Malley & Langan - a name you can trust to make things right
The drilling accident attorneys at O'Malley & Langan have dedicated their careers to fighting for the rights of people throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania, from Scranton to Pittston, Hazleton and Towanda. We proudly serve clients in all of Pennsylvania, including those living in the counties of Lackawanna, Luzerne, Bradford, Schuykill, Lehigh, Monroe, Wyoming and Wayne.
We understand what it takes to get people the compensation they rightfully deserve. We work hard. And we do not rest until justice is served.
Hard work wins cases. Give your case an edge. Call (866) 326-0100 and schedule a free case evaluation today. We're conveniently located in four offices in Northeastern Pennsylvania, including downtown Towanda.